Friday 13 June 2008

Old dogs and wet patches....

Oh hooray, I am thrilled.



This year the playgroup float is to be One Hundred And One Dalmations and you've guessed it.....I have to be on it. I have no choice as Eliza will be one of the kids made to dress up in an ill-fitting doggy-costume, have their face painted and told to smile, wave at the crowds and look as if they are having a great time.



The last float I had to be on was an under-the-sea theme when Izzy was at playgroup. I was sat amongst the mermaids, starfish, crepe-paper seaweed and the father of one of the other kids dressed as Neptune playing 'happy music' on his 'sound-system' (fancies himself as some sort of M.C.!), with two rather large wet patches on my t-shirt which were making the colour from the crepe-paper flowers stuck to it run all down the front.


I was still breastfeeding Eliza then and the memory of having to stick her head up my soggy stained top every half-hour whilst trying to keep my eye on a rather excited four-year-old dressed in a mermaid costume charging around a field full of jam stalls, shire horses, bouncy castles and locals who no matter how rural the surroundings still seem to frown upon breastfeeding in public however discreet, still makes me anxious.



So I have slight anxiety when I realise that the village carnival is nigh.



No, I'm not breastfeeding any offspring this year but it's the thought of sitting there grinning and waving like a fool wearing fake dog-ears that's bothering me.



Kev reaction when I was moaning about it last night was "Oh for gods sake don't be such a miserable old trout, after all it won't be difficult for you and a few of the other Mums to act like a load of old dogs for an hour or so!"



He's so funny....................................



I won't tell you my reply, it was far too rude!


I'm really looking forward to Monday. Rosie is due home from her fortnights holiday in the Maldives. Lucky girl. I can't wait to see her and hear all about it. I've 'phoned her a couple of times but just for quick chats to make sure she's ok. The details will have to wait until I see her!:)