Tuesday 8 April 2008

Stoopid is as stoopid does?

Me after a few bevvies..........


Kev and I went out to the Golden Hart at Nettleton Bottom for a meal last night.

The food there is good and our meal was lovely. I had chilli-beef with chocolate and rice, mmmm, and Kev had medallions of ostrich with new potatoes and vegetables which was delicious!


Kev was driving so could only have one pint of ale but I drank rather alot of very nice red wine. Not being used to drinking any more it doesn't take long before I get a bit squiffy so Kev was quite pleased to have a relatively cheap date.


After our dessert which neither of us could finish despite them being delicious (almond & honey cream cake with greek yoghurt & honey ice cream and pear and basil cheesecake, mmmm), we decided to leave for home and relieve my parents of babysitting duty.

Conversation driving down Birdlip Hill towards Gloucester...............

Me "Oh the lights.......looks pretty doesn't it?"

Kev "Look at that, it's amazing really isn't it? That's the old Roman road that comes from Cirencester to Gloucester and it's still a road now, still straight, still used, blah blah, history, blah, amazing, blah blah blah....................."

Me "Yeah...............hey what's that?"

Kev "What?"

Me "Up there"

Kev "Where?"
Me "In the sky"

Kev "Sare, for f**ks sake, it's the moon"
Me "Oh..................Oh yeah it is, isn't it?"
Kev "Bloody hell Sare, sometimes you really can be as thick as shit!"

Me "Well, I have got dyed blonde highlights and fake boobs - what d'you expect!!!?"


The annoying thing is I know how dim I can sound sometimes but I also know that I am actually quite clever.

I'm just not very good at showing it :P.....................