Thursday 6 December 2007

Silver linings..................

Eliza


Quite often things happen which remind me how lucky I am.

Group B Streptococcus (http://www.dhpe.org/infect/strepb.html) has been featured on our regional news today.

I've had lots of complications during my pregnancies (pre-eclampsia, my rh.negative blood mixing with babies rh.positive blood, etc,etc ) BUT I have five beautiful, healthy kids.

Yes, I've had eleven miscarriages BUT I have also had years of investigation into the recurrent miscarriages under the care of my consultant gynaecologist and during these investigations, before I conceived Eliza, they discovered I had Group B strep. It wasn't the reason for any of the previous or future losses but it was noted for any future pregnancies.

On finding I was pregnant with Eliza, it was arranged for me to be administered antibiotics four hourly during labour.

Eliza however came in a bit of a hurry.....too quickly for me to have any antibiotics (which was scary!), so we had to stay in hospital after the birth for them to treat Eliza with antibiotics instead.
We came home after a week or so and she was fine.....still is apart from a bad-temper and an appetite which would struggle to satisfy a very small mouse!

So, I conclude that if I hadn't been under investigation for recurrent miscarriages this may have been a very different story.........so sorry if it's a bit corny but hence the title of this post!


By the way, I am a very happy person at present .....Rose has moved back in so I now have a full house in time for Christmas!!!:)