Friday 15 June 2007

Travellers and Treadmills

Smilers chicken pox.


Ah yes......The Thursday Night Gym Sessions.

Well, I managed over an hour of exercise and not a single Paramedic in sight at the end of it.

Result! :)

One of the exercises written into my programme involves laying on my back with my knees over a large ball and lifting the ball using my legs.It's to strengthen the stomach muscles which is great but the problem I have is keeping hold of the ball.

You see, I have legs the same length as your average nine year old which of course, makes this exercise a bit difficult as the ball really is quite large.

"Everytime I lift my legs up it falls out!" I cried, rather too loudly.

Silence......Everyone turns to stare.

Rosie, who was sitting next to me looks mortified.

Many laughed...I laughed...Rosie laughed too, to mask her embarrassment probably.

Well-it's one of the benefits of having teenage children-they are SO easy to embarrass.

My crazy Mum was amazing as ever, like a Duracell battery, she just kept going.Well done Mum!

Her fitness is undoubtedly helped by the fact that she not only eats very healthily but is also very active.

As my late Grandad used to say- "Even when she's sat down her arse is making buttons."

The thing is, my Mum and Dad are 'Old Age Travellers'

Every few weeks they pack up their walking boots, camera and journal, throw them into their Camper-Van or Motorhome as they prefer to call it and head for the open road.

They drive off to somewhere in the country, often the Cornwall coast line, park up and spend the next week or so walking on average 20 miles a day!

This is fab I reckon as it keeps them both fit and healthy.

I'm dead proud of them both-They're more like a couple in their 20's rather than 65 and 68 respectively.

Dad always makes sure there is a good pub nearby, selling a decent pint of real Ale which helps to make the breaks even more enjoyable!

So well done again Mum-if I'm as energetic as you when I get to 65 I will be well chuffed!


Chicken Pox update - Smilers spots are crusty so he's no longer contagious, he can ditch the bell.

He's definitely alot happier!


Busy weekend ahead -

Artists swimming lesson was this evening.

Artists Gym competition is tomorrow morning - which means no ballet with Sally's Tinkerbell Mushroom.

Collecting kittens tomorrow lunchtime-ish.

Fathers Day shopping tomorrow pm.

Fathers Day visiting on Sunday. (Mine and K's Dad)

Also have to fit in homework help, school uniform-washing etc,etc.


Ah well - when all the kids have grown up and left home maybe we will have quiet, relaxed weekends......


We will be in our 60's......perhaps we'll invest in a Camper-Van! :D